2019 Equilibrium Yin Yang Chromosome 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
Free Shipping | Where applicable VAT is calculated at checkout
The second issue of the Equilibrium Series acknowledges the importance of responsible use of the power of gene editing in order to safeguard the balance between technological achievements and natural genetic code.
- Limited mintage of 20,000.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Second release of "Equilibrium" series.
- Coins will be in Uncirculated condition and delivered in a protective packaging.
- Obverse: Stylised butterfly featuring yin-yang symbol depicting the harmony between technological achievements and natural generic code. Date and "EQUILIBRIUM" surrounding.
- Reverse: Features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II within a circle. Ornaments to stylise the Nucleic acid double helix surrounding.
- Struck by the Pressburg Mint, Slovakia on LBMA certified blanks provided by SEMPSA JP, part of the Heimerle + Meule Group.
The Equilibrium series will feature changing designs every year, all pointing out the need for harmony. The first release focuses on the need for harmony between nature and technology.
The Pressburg Mint, also named Bratislavska Mincovna is based in Bratislava, Slovakia and revives the traditional history of the old mint of the country.
Scientists around the world are already using gene editing to treat disease, modify plants and animals, and even create designer babies. These techniques have the potential to revolutionise and medicine, end starvation, save endangered species or just change the colour of a butterfly wing. It holds great promise, but also poses a great danger of irreversible harms to the health of future generations, opens doors to new forms of social inequality, discrimination and conflict. Recently, genetic engineering techniques have been used for human germline modification.