2020 Australia 1 oz Silver Double Pixiu
VAT included (where appropriate) Free shipping
This beautiful limited mintage Silver coin from The Perth Mint features the double pixiu, an ancient Chinese symbol of fortune, happiness, and wealth.
The Pixiu is a mythological creature with the head of a dragon & the body of a lion. It is believed to have an insatiable appetite for Gold, Silver, and jewels which affords it mystical powers capable of drawing wealth from all directions. The Pixiu is a common symbol found in ancient Chinese art and architecture where it is traditionally displayed in pairs.
- Limited mintage of 50,000 coins worldwide
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination and thr-date.
- Reverse: Features a Pixiu pair sitting upon a mound of ancient Chinese coins. One grasps a ball while the other grasps a Pixiu cub. The design also includes a stylized patters and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed up the Australian government.
Struck by The Perth Mint from 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver, the coin is issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act of 1965.