Celebrate the Silver Britannia's 20th anniversary with the first Britannia with a mintmark! This unique security feature includes a "20" within the symbolic shape of a trident.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Limited mintage of 120,000 coins.
- The first mintmarked bullion coin from The Royal Mint celebrating 20 years of the Silver Britannia's tradition and legacy.
- The Britannia Anniversary is also the only 2017 coin with an updated obverse design.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds on a new textured background.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. Features a radial sunburst design that adds anti-counterfeiting protection to your purchase. Unique trident mintmark displays "20" between the prongs of the trident.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
For 2017 Britannia is refreshed as a contemporary bullion choice, with a mint mark denoting the respective anniversary and a unique radial sunburst background design. This is the first time this new feature has been struck on a UK bullion coin, providing additional security for collectors.
Britannia is the female personification of Britain, embodying the changing ideals and values of our country throughout history. Despite her mythical beginnings, she has often been said to resemble powerful women through the ages.